Updated: Apr 29, 2021
Servings: 6 - 8 lettuce wraps
Preparation: 5 - 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Dietary: Gluten & dairy free, vegan
This delicious dinner is a great way to use lettuce. This recipe is a easy dinner and it has a crunch to it.
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 container of extra firm tofu
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 small can of water chestnuts
- Some nuts for a topping
What Else You Need:
- Large pan
- Cutting board
1. Bring all your ingredients together. Make sure all the
vegetables are washed. You will need 1 head of lettuce, 1 container
of extra firm tofu, 6 mushrooms, and 1 small can of water
chestnuts. If you want, you can add some nuts for a topping at
2. If you have a tofu press, press the tofu for 20 minutes. If not,
make sure to have firm or extra firm tofu. Carefully cut the tofu
into small squares. Set aside.
3. Cut up the water chestnuts and mushrooms into small pieces
about the same size as the tofu. Place into a bowl but don't mix
with the tofu.
4. In a large pan, pour in a teaspoon of oil. Add in just
the tofu and stir until lightly brown. Once done, pour into a
bowl for later.
5. Add a half teaspoon to the pan, and pour in the water
chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms have
turned a darker grey and are soft.
6. Add in the tofu into the pan and stir. Turn off the heat.
7. On a plate, place a spoonful of the stir fry mixture
onto a large piece of lettuce. Serve with soy sauce if you