1. Always cut away from yourself and others. This is will help prevent anyone from getting hurt. This tip applies to peelers, cheese graters, and else anything used to cut.
2. Curl your fingers (see picture) when cutting. This helps prevent cutting your fingers.
3. When carrying a knife, make sure the blade is towards the ground, not at yourself or others.
4. Always wash fruit and vegetables before eating them or cooking with them.
5. Always wash your hands before and during cooking. Wash your hands if you touch your face, a pet, or if you sneeze.