Updated: Apr 27
Servings: 4 Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes & 10 minutes resting time for the rice. Dietary: Vegan, no nuts
This recipe is a wonderful addition to a meal. It is delicious and filling!
- ½ onion, cut up into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 Thsp olive oil
1. Gather all your ingredients. You will need ½ onion, 2 cloves
garlic, 1 cup grated carrots, 1 cup uncooked white rice, 1.5 tsp salt,
1 Thsp. olive oil, and 1¼ cup of water.
2. Cook the white rice. I used a instant pot to do this but you can
also use a pressure cooker. Make sure the rice is fully cooked
3. Grate up 1 cup of carrots and carefully cut ½ onion.
4. In a medium pan, heat up the oil on medium heat. Add in the
cut up onion and cook until it's clear.
5. Using a garlic press, press two cloves of garlic and add it to the
pan. Cook for a few minutes.
6. Add in the cooked rice, grated carrots, and the salt and stir for
about a minute.
7. Add 1¼ cup of water to the pan and let it slightly boil.
8. Turn down the heat a little, and cover with a clear glass lid until
all the water is absorbed.
9. Turn off the heat, and keep covered for 10 minutes.
10. Remove lid and serve!