Sweet Potato Brownies
Updated: Apr 27
Servings: 25 small squares
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Dietary: Gluten and dairy free
- 1 1/4 cups sweet potato, mashed
- 7 dates, pitted
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 4 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup crushed walnuts
What Else You Need:
- Food processor
1. Gather all your ingredients. You will need 1 1/4 cups sweet
potato (mashed), dates (pitted), 2 eggs, 2 Tbsp. honey, 4 Tbsp.
cacao powder, 2 Tbsp. flour, and 1 tsp baking powder.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Using a fork or potato , mush up 1 sweet potato.
4. Carefully cut up 7 dates, all about roughly the size that they
are in the picture above.
5. Using a food processor, blend the mashed sweet potato and
dates together. Mix until the dates are in small chunks.
6. In a separate small bowl, crack the eggs and honey. Then pour
it in the sweet potato mixture. Mix well.
7. In another small bowl, add the cacao powder, backing powder,
and flour. Mix until combined.
8. Add the dry mixture to the wet sweet potato mixture. Using a
whisk, mix until well blended together.
9. If you want, you can add walnuts. Crush up the walnuts and
add them to the brownie mixture.
10. Spray an 8in. x 8in. x 2in. pan with oil, and pour in the
brownie mixture. Make sure it's all evened out. Place into the
oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
11. To make sure it's done, poke the brownies with a toothpick. If
the toothpick comes out looking like cooked batter, it's done.
Enjoy this tasty dessert!