Updated: Jun 17
Servings: 1 medium bowl Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
Dietary: Gluten & dairy free, vegan Cuisine: Mexican
This is a delicious salsa! It doesn't take long and is easy and fun to make. It goes great with chips or other vegetables such as carrots, celery, and jicama. Some parent assistance needed when chopping up the vegetables.
- 2 cups tomatoes (about 4 medium tomatoes)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp red onion
- 2 tsp lime juice (about ½ lime)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tomatillos
- Chili pepper
What Else You Need:
- Food processor
1. Gather all your ingredients, including a medium size bowl, a food
processor, and a child safe knife.
2. Cut up the tomatoes into four pieces and cut the tomatillos into
3. Take the leaves off the stem of the cilantro and put a few leaves into
the bowl. You will need 1 tablespoon.
4. Carefully cut up the red onion. You will need a tablespoon.
5. Add a pinch of salt to the ingredients. Cut the lime in half and
squeeze one half of it into the bowl.
7. Carefully cut up the chili pepper. If you want it less spicy add little
8. Pour all the ingredients into a food processor. If you don’t have a
food processor, you can use a blender. You want it nicely blended
9. Now, your salsa is finished! Pour it into a bowl and enjoy!